View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 07:27 PM
ILoveToQuilt

Happy and HEALTHY New Year to everyone here!

I went for a physical today, yuck. What a way to end the year. Had to get it done today due to insurance. Gotta have a mammo (or mommygram as doctor's spell check spit it out), blood work, shingles shot, ugh...Oh well, at least it is only once a year.

Have to have surgery on my right shoulder on 1/18. I am seriously right handed, so I don't know how this is going to impact my quilting. (My left hand is only there to hold my wedding ring and watch!) I have impingement syndrome (lots of arthritis that causes joint not to move freely) and a partial tear in my rotator cuff. Orthopedist is not 100% sure he will repair the tear, but he says to plan on it, so I am not unpleasantly surprised. Just the surgery for the arthritis is arthroscopic and I will able to sew, drive, basically everything a a couple of days. If rotator cuff is repaired, 6-8 weeks in a sling, no moving arm, no nothing. Want the lesser surgery, of course, but I want the pain from the tear to be gone. Oh well...I'll know later in the day of 1/18 what was done. Another scar? Add it to the road map on my body...just don't follow them...you can't get there from here.

Hope everyone has a quiet, safe New Year's Eve!

Can't wait to see who wins the black & white fabrics.