View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 06:34 AM
Macybaby

I'm in! A year ago I didn't feel I had enough UFO's - but I've been busy and my stack of them has really grown, so it's time to get serious about getting them done.

First job will be to locate and identify them all, and I've got a shelf next to my sewing table to keep them on. Those are all started but pre-floppy stage. The tops waiting to be quilted will be stored like they are now - in a tote under the long arm. Most of those will go in the "DH can quilt" stack, but I few ones that need special quilting I'll keep for myself. He's a computer drive kind of guy, though he's hinted he may want to start FMQ also (YEA!)

I've got one non-quilt sewing project that I have to complete. It's a "fix" of something I made and put the wrong color ribbon on, so I'm correcting that. I've got two more to remove the ribbon from and then I can start putting the correct color on and putting them back together. I've had them back for over a year, so it's really time to finish and get them out where they can be used!

However most of this weekend is dedicated to moving into the Quilt Retreat - the east end of my Machine Shed. The long arm will be the last to get moved, and that should be on Sunday. The fun part will be to see just how many sewing machines I can get move OUT of the house! And once that is done, I can start rearranging my sewing area and organizing my stash. And while I'm doing that, I'll put together the list of UFO's I've got.