Old 01-01-2016, 08:25 AM
carriem

Happy New Year to all! I was excited to see the message about Laurie's new book....guess I need to get busy working on the 1930s one!! Good thing I don't need all the blocks for the quilt I am making.

My trip to Nolting this week was fun. Got to test drive a couple machines and and see how they are put together. My plan is to start with a Voyager 17/Hinterberg stretch frame w/stitch regulator set up they offer (they bought Hinterberg a few years back and all their inventory if I understood correctly). Eventually I would love to own a Nolting, but for now this will be a good starter machine. We are close to paying off braces for our 3rd child (last one) and then I can start really saving for the a new (to me) machine...it might take a couple years, but starting with this set up helps me have one a lot sooner than I ever thought I could.

This year I have plans to finish my "50 Fabulous Stars" quilts...I started the last block last night. I also want to get back to the FW 1930s blocks and a couple other UFOs....I am going to make a list today to see exactly what I have started. I will need to make a quilt for my nephew later in the year since he will be 5 in 2017...I am making all my nieces/nephews quilts around their 5th birthdays.