Old 01-01-2016, 08:27 AM
waltonalice

I was just noodling around last night and saw the picture of Bonnie with her Dad, having no idea that it was the early release of Allietare. But I immediately thought that the quilt reminded me of the various marble-tiled floors that I had seen in Italy, so I was impressed that she had created a quilt which would help me to make a quilt memory of the trip my DH and I took last March (we even stayed in the top left-hand house shown as the background for Bonnie's posts of Allietare, in Manarola in the Cinque Terre). It took a minute to realize that the quilt shown WAS Allietare. I am so impressed with this quilt. The blocks are set on point, but when you look across the rows, as opposed to a diagonal look, there are subsidiary patterns shown. I think that those patterns hid the fact that this was the same quilt that we were working on. I became sure that we'd have to cut out a lot more pieces in order to form those patterns. That makes the final reveal even more impressive. I'd still like to figure a way to enlarge the quilt by inserting a row between the gold and black borders, because the part within the borders will fit well on a queen-sized bed, but I'd like a larger hang.