View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 01:18 PM
cindyb

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
I'm sorry. I don't own any Necchis. I'm not sure how different the hand wheel area is from other machines.
It almost sounds like it's still not assembled quite right. Also look for thread jams pretty much everywhere but especially in the bobbin area.
They happen a lot with younger sewers. They don't always remember to put the presser foot down before they start sewing.
I'm sure someone with more direct experience will be along.
Rodney
Shoot - I was so hoping you would reply because I have seen you really help others on this board. I found on the internet that this name is connected with the Janome name. The good thing about this machine is that you can actually pop the top and sides - you can see everything inside. And when tipping up, the underside it is completely exposed. Reason I am saying this is with shining a light in there, I found NO lint or threads (even from former owner). I was in the room when GD was using it and I didn't observe any thing she was doing wrong.
BUT, having said that, I am going to once again go through that bobbin area to see if I possibly missed something.