View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 05:29 PM
ybradbury

I think that the key to storage, whether you ruler fold or use comic boards or other methods, is to maximize yourr shelves to your fabric folding method.

My shelves are 12 inches deep and were about 14 or 16 inches apart and my fabric was stacked in piles on the shelves. I had the usual problem of having to take down the whole stack to get at what I wanted.

I decided to ruler fold. The first thing I did was measure the height of the wall space I wanted to use. I divided that into 8 inch sections since I was going to ruler foer a 6 inch ruler and put my fabric side by side like books on a bookshelf. I then moved and added shelves so that I have 7 shelves (instead of the original 4) all about 8 inches or more apart. My fabric now fits all side by side sorted the way I want it. I can pull one fabric without disturbing the one next to it.

So, look at the depth of your shelves, figure out the best method to use the depth; whether it be ruler folded, or on boards placed horizontal or vertical, then adjust your shelves to that height. Add an inch or so over the height you think you need to make it easier to pull and replace fabric. I bet that you will be able to add a shelf or two in your closet this way.
Cheers!