View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 07:02 PM
TeresaPendino

Default Invisible thread ?

I'm not even sure where to post this, please bare with me. I am a newbie using a sewing machine. I have a Brother SQ9185. I have only made one quilt (King Size Cathedral Window). I am planning my next quilt which is basically a panel with borders. I have purchased all things needed except thread. I have been researching but so many conflicting facts. I was thinking YIL .004mm 100% Nylon for the top thread. The lady swore by strictly nylon, but others swore completely away from it. Then there is the question if it is going to be strong enough being so thin. I am using a deer scene panel with a 2" orange border, then the rest camo. Therefore, I need the top stitch to be invisible (so to speak).

I also have some glazed cotton hand quilting thread I was going to use for the bobbin but unsure if you can use that on a machine being it is glazed. I am feeling very overwhelmed because I want so badly to be able to create this for my son (whom asked for it & helped plan). I am blind as a bat (20/100 uncorrectable) which is already going to make things even harder. I refuse to let that get in the way, lol. Any advice or direction anyone can give would be truly appreciated!