View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 07:58 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

Thanks, QuiltnNan! This explains why I've always had to go back and manually delete what I "cut" because it was actually a "copy". It took me 14 years and your explanation to learn this.......

I just tested the printing on my Windows 10 computer. When I highlight and then do the right key on the mouse, I too do not get the "selected" option; however, if I select "print" from that menu it does display only the text I selected for printing, so it does work. This is much faster than what I used to do, which was to copy into a Word document. Basically this does all the copying for me. My bet is this was an update to the original Windows 10; the Googled explanation is probably old.

I also tried out the ctrl plus p option for printing. That brings up the entire page to print.

An interesting sidenote. When doing the print with the right mouse key above, there is an option to Google search the highlighted phrase! This is handy to know, as it is also a lot faster than what I was doing -- which was to copy and paste the phrase into the Google website.