View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 09:34 AM
kristakz

Here are some of my mystery tops from New Year's this year.

Quiltbug.com. This one needs a couple of borders to make it the right size. It will either be a 2" and a 5" border, or 2", 1", 4", I haven't decided yet. I have lots of this line of fabric, so plenty of choice for borders.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]539389[/ATTACH]

quilting.about.com. I love this one. She gave several setting options, and I picked this because I had the right number of blocks, and it made the size I wanted Working on the setting triangles on my own, because hers were just plain squares. I was a little disappointed in the instructions, which never said exactly how many pieces you needed - so I have lots of odds and ends left over, since 30 was the goal and I made 20 blocks but cut some units for 30 following the direction. But as I said, LOVE the end result. More intricate than most 1-day mysteries, but it was completely do-able, with no pre-cutting.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]539390[/ATTACH]

This quilt came from a yahoo group I belong to. It's a mystery that's available on the web (can't recall the author - Cathy something). Lots of fun, and another donation quilt for me. I left the borders off, or it would have been too big for the group it's going to.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]539391[/ATTACH]

And this one - I cut strips for 2 of the above mystery, but didn't like what it did with the background for a single fabric. So I mixed it up, used as many of the bits as I could and came up with this quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]539392[/ATTACH]

I also worked on Merry Mayhem's mystery, but only got 1 block done so far so no pictures of that one. And of course I'm working on Bonnie's mystery - I was completely caught up until the reveal. Will get back to it soon.
Attached Thumbnails p1040593.jpg   p1040595.jpg   pc310580.jpg   p1010584.jpg