View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 11:05 AM
meyert

I am not sure what the Janome 6500 is, but I have the 6600 and I love that machine. It is a work horse. I know that I will never use all of the features, but there are some that I love

Last year I purchased a Magnolia 7330 because it is a smaller machine that I can carry to classes easier. I love that machine as well.

In my limited use of the available functions, the main differences that I can see have been:

The 6600's bed is wide and does not adjust. So I can't hem pants and work on blouse sleeves. But that is the ONLY negative that I have found on the 6600 since I purchased it 2 years ago

When I use my Magnolia 7330.. I miss the auto thread cutter when I use it. I also miss the knee lift very much when I use it. The throat is not as big on the Magnolia so I have had some quilting issues.

This may be a user issue, but I have not been able to FMQ with my Magnolia. I have tried but I can't get the tension correct. My 6600 I can FMQ easily - - well the machine behaves, my skill still has a lot to be desired

I am not sorry that I bought my 6600. I love this machine and I feel like it will serve me for a very long time

Whether you should buy it or not really depends on your money. I don't think you will be sorry that you purchase it as long as you have the money. My son was going to college and I was dumping a lot of money to the university, so I figured I was allowed to spend some money on myself hee hee hee

the 6600 but I thought with the built in walking foot it felt too bulking and in the way. That was my personal dislike. You may like a built in walking foot.
I don't understand this, as I have to put on my walking foot... or at least what I call the walking foot