View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 12:18 PM
maggiebooboo

Hello,

I am Maggie and my mom got me into quilting about a year ago. I have only made 3 quilts. I enjoyed not only the quilting, but spending the time with my mom. She goes south for the winter, but will be back in a few weeks now that it is warming up.

On a whim, I bought a used Nolting Long arm. I have had it for three months now and am kind of scared to use it. :oops: I have had trouble figuring out how to load a quilt, but I think I have that under control now. The people at Nolting have been very helpful even though I bought the machine used.

My mom has been quilting her heart out in Florida to bring me stuff to practice on. I think she is excited to give it a try too. I am hoping that once I have some practice on my own quilts, that maybe I can make some money on the side and eliminate job #2.

I am very excited to get started, but working full time already and sometimes a second job on the weekends, doesn't leave a lot of time. I really want to get moving on this though.

This forum seems like it will be easy to monouver around in. I hope to make some online friends here.

Other things in my life include a beautiful little 3 year old granddaughter that I completely adore. I live in the country and enjoy gardening and canning in the fall. And I love to cook.