Old 01-06-2016, 05:52 PM
CMARAS1234

Red face I went to an auction last night and found an old President quilt pattern

The pattern was from the 70's with a transfer of all the presidents back to Wash, and the dates served. also a later revision with Clinton and Bush added and the layout changed to accommodate them, all the red cornerstone that looked like fat plus signs ( paper pieced) 15 yds of broadcloth (white) and all directions, quilting diagrams etc. even the pattern number 7330 and picture, colors suggested. etc etc. well low and behold two tables later , another tote came up with a partial top made of about 10 faces with no batting backing etc. a lady started to bid and she ran me up to 65.00 and i let her have it. Knowing i had the important part of the quilt. When we were at the front paying for the stuff, She was ahead of me in the line and i said Do you quilt, she said oh no but i have a quilt with George Wash on it. I said well enjoy.. I laughed all the way to the car. i have researched it and it is awesome. Direction say you can color with crayons , heat set. fabric paint or embroidery. I am a happy camper. cmaras1234

ps. found it in american quilt society.com