Old 01-07-2016, 06:56 AM
onaemtnest

Originally Posted by Feather3 View Post
Amish finished is the way I'd go if this were mine. Beautiful quilt.

You can google.....example...."Amish near ------ Idaho" you should come up with a location of a Amish community. I found several in Idaho. Then you can google to see if there are any online Amish businesses in that location. They have English do websites for them. You could contact that business & ask them if they know of any that make quilts & their location. The other option would be to drive to the location they live & speak to them, as they normally only use phones for emergency services. However some Amish communities now permit using phones now for business, so the business may have a phone. I am sure there would be some there that make quilts. You would need to make sure you request "hand stitched", as many Amish now use sewing machines. They just plug them into a generator. Set up every detail...i.e., the type of batting, type/style of quilting, binding fabric, hand stitched, price, etc. You should do it in writing.

Thank-you for the suggestions Feather, I did look at some sites last night it's another option and I so appreciate your detailed response.