View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 12:49 PM
Irishrose2

I have used it as a quilt to back a gorgeous Drunkard's Path in batiks. The recipient likes the block side better and uses it as the front, so it does make a pretty quilt. Sadly, I let that one out of the house without pictures.

To answer your questions, no, I didn't make up the pattern. Someone, maybe nativetexan, cranked out several for graduation gifts a few years ago. Hers were in prints if I recall correctly. I want to do one in just a pretty floral and a coordinating blender with black strips. I think it will look woven.

You can cut your pieces any number of sizes as long as they form a square when stitched together. In this one the black strips were 2 X 9 1/2". The batiks were 6 1/2 X 9 1/2. 6.5 + 2.5=10, then subtracting 1" for 2 seams, the sewn blocks are 9.5" square and finish at 9". Sew them together alternating the direction of the black strips, both in the columns and rows. Couldn't be much easier. For me, the hardest part was placing the blocks on the design wall to distribute the colors to my liking. PM me or come back here if this isn't clear.

Judy