View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 12:46 PM
SteveH
Banned

Originally Posted by tiny-umbrellas View Post
Because I have no other choice! She's the size of a 15 and I don't have room for a treadle. I'm also missing the special bracket that helps mount them on a table top. They aren't that common round here so i don't want to drill and tap for a bolt, and I'd need to buy the motor boss bit (which are available but expensive) I am also just a teensy bit of a masochist
Oh, I get why to make it a handcrank, it is just that the 3:1 that you get from an actual handcrank makes it SO much easier to sew with.

So that machine has the spoked wheel, (which the regular handcrank would connect to to operate) but no motor boss.

There are a couple of options I see.

One is you could make it a portable electric. If it is a 15 base, then a case would fit. Making a bracket to mount the motor to the case not the machine would not be too difficult

The other option is that some makes of machines used bed or base mounted handcranks. one of those might be able to fit

the last is the wheel spinner. You may have to buy them online. they are not legal on cars in several states so not many parts stores do not carry them (at least around here that is)