Old 01-09-2016, 03:40 AM
todiesmom

I am also still working on my Allietare. Since this is my first mystery also, I tried to follow Bonnie's color scheme and since I do not usually do scrappy I had some trouble identifying what a neutral is...LOL. I made the gold/black star and the what she calls Pizza block and they came out very pretty but unfortunately I do not like them together..LOL.
I have decided to make two separate smaller quilts and not put these together. I am now in the process of trying to decide whether to sash them. I think I will do a QAYG but I don't want to lose the secondary design so I may join 4 blocks together and then sash around in a QAYG small join strip in black...still thinking. I did learn a lot doing this quilt and love Bonnie Hunter's work. I like scrappy but I need to plan ahead so mystery does not work too well for me. I usually do my own thing and don't use a specific pattern but I am trying to think outside the box. If ever I learn how to upload pictures, I will do a show and tell on these quilts.