Old 01-09-2016, 05:15 PM
sewbeadit

I think your machines look very nice and all in good shape, good job. I like them altogether like that, fun to look at. Makes a great picture.

Originally Posted by DKuehn View Post
All in one vintage machine photo. The first one I got was the Singer 66-16. It was free on Craigslist and was in horrible shape. I knew nothing of sewing machines, but fixed this one up and got hooked. Next I bought the Singer 27 treadle and cleaned it up. At about the same time as the Singer treadle purchase I got the White Family Rotary for free from Craigslist.

At this point my wife started to become concerned about all the sewing machines accumulating in the kitchen, but it did not deter me. I then bought the Singer 15-91 and added it to the collection. I promptly rewired it and I'm still waiting on some Singer lubricant to apply to the gears. A couple days after getting the 15-91 I saw a free Singer 500a not far from my house. It would have been absurd not to pick that up, I've got it all oiled up and am also waiting on my Singer lubricant for the gears on that one.

I didn't bother with nice individual pics as these are not overly special machines, but I didn't want to pass the opportunity to show them off a tad.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539544[/ATTACH]