View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 04:56 AM
btiny36

Default Question for Longarm Quilters

I'm in the process of making the Nouveau Wedding Quilt by Eleanor Burns. Of course I'm already thinking about the quilting (way way before I'm even at that stage lol) I'm planning on quilting a simple design in the middle square and the melon piece.

1. Here's my question do I have to stitch in the ditch for all blocks? hopefully none lol
2. Can I just start quilting the top border and side borders and work my way across the quilt then advance quilt and keep quilting, or do I start in the middle of the row and work left to right...hum not sure I'm explaining this correct...My biggest thing is do I have to stitch around each block or can I just start quilting left to right...I really don't want to do a pantograph on this quilt but will if I have to start quilting around each block before putting my motifs in the center of each block....Not sure I will quilt the arcs or not but if I do it will be simple.....
3. If I did however decided to do a pantograph just for time sake, would it look okay and if so do you have any recommendations on which pantograph would look good....

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...please keep in mind I'm not that great at quilting my tops unless using a pantograph.