Old 01-10-2016, 07:31 AM
Monale

Originally Posted by ctyankee View Post
Monale -- The traditional colors of St. Patrick's Day are green, white & orange, the colors of the Irish flag. The green represents the Republic of Ireland, the orange represents Northern Ireland & the white represents peace. St. Patrick's Day fabrics here in this country may have celtic motifs or shamrocks or even leprechauns, or someone may choose to use just those 3 colors -- green, white & orange. (In this country, everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day!)

So, the other option for February is to make a mug rug in green & white. Or multiple greens & whites.

February's swap will be partner's choice, which means the person making the mug rug has to adhere to her partner's choice. So if you decide on green & white, then that's what your partner will make for you. I'm thinking there are no fabrics available to you specifically for St. Patrick's Day, but you can still use green, white & orange, correct?

Some people won't really mind either way.

I hope you find this helpful, Monale.
Thanks for the clarification! So we're making a political statement here with the added orange No problem, I should have that colour in stock! Don't think I could get any specific St Patrick's fabrics, but green/white/orange and even a shamrock shouldn't be a problem (a leprechaun is something like a gremlin, right? Not really my thing, but if my partner wants one...)