View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 11:15 AM
costumegirl

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
There is a tractor for sale on Shopgoodwill right now. I would like to think that if they're starting to show up there that the trend for tractors might be ending anyway.
The unfortunate reality is that there's far less demand for antique sewing machines than there are machines. Sewers are a fairly small segment of the population, the antique crowd is even smaller.
Rodney
Rodney - You are right the antique crowd is getting smaller - antiques used to be valued and sought after but decorating designs change - I guess designers have to re-invent to keep things interesting and to continue making a living and it seems like the younger crowd want newer "modern" designs.

My kids are part of that group - they've grown up with 'antiques' some of which were handed down through the family - however, they are now decorating with less fussy and sleeker designs. My DD has decorated her home with a few things from me but my DIL comes from a family that has a very European Modern style of decorating and wants absolutely nothing that is not sleek and new.
LOL!! I told my DD that she was in trouble because when we die the burden of our estate will be on her shoulders - hopefully she will make sure that everything goes to those who appreciate 'older' things.

Last edited by costumegirl; 01-10-2016 at 11:17 AM.