View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Judi in Ohio

Has anyone gone on www.quiltville.com and seen Bonnies sorting methods? I think she is brilliant and she has changed my life. I really do not want to do a 2, 3 or 4 fabric quilt, I love scrappy. so I have the large containers and had my husband put dividers in each one. I have a 1 1/2" strip, 2" strip & 2 1/2" strip container, divided into light, med, darks. So, if I know I need 2" strips to make a bunch of green 4 patches, I go to my 2" bin, which has actually been expanded to include another bin of batiks on one side and neutrals in the other. Pull out my greens & neutrals and off I go. I made one of Bonnies patterns the other day Chunky Churndash ( I am the unwashed hostess of Bonnies swap group called Quiltville swap, we are swapping that block). It was a snap to get started on that block because everything was there for me to grab. I didn't cut a thing for that block. My squares & half squares are in another rolling cart, easy to access. For my larger pieces I have some unique pieces of furniture that I use that are perfect for the job at hand. If anyone is interested I will dl some pictures. A piece of fabric does not walk into my house without getting a 1 1/2", 2", & 2 1/2" strip cut from it - I buy fabric with that in mind and sometimes that's all the fabric I buy. When I tell you I like scrappy - I mean it - the more fabric the more I like it.
Judi in Ohio