View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 06:01 PM
Janice McC

Woo Woo!!! Beautiful quilts, Krista. The colors of both area wonderful. It doesn't matter a bit that they "only" needed binding. You finished them and that's 2 more for this UFO train! Thank you for sharing your pix.
Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
Yipee, I finished 2 quilts this weekend. Ok, if I must be honest, they only needed binding and I did that by machine. But, they're done!! The first is a disappearing hour glass from a retreat last April, and the second is a pattern called "Chain Reaction". Oh my goodness, the Y-seams in that one! Fun to do, but a busy pattern and not totally my style. I might try it again in a fabric palette that calms it down some.

To tie into another thread on here - these have been languishing in my sewing room for about 4-5 months waiting for binding. I consider them (and anything else) a UFO when I interrupt work on them (at whatever stage) to go on to something more fun and interesting, or with a closer deadline. So, in some cases, I might consider something a UFO after only a couple of months. But I have plenty that surpass the 1-year mark, too

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539932[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]539933[/ATTACH]