View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 07:26 AM
Sewnoma

I don't normally play but this time, with the pot being so huge, I had DH go buy us some quick pick numbers. I'm also in the lottery pool at work - we joke that it's our retirement plan but I play mostly so if there's a big win I won't be the only person left in the office! Plus it's fun to dream.

I would create college and "first house" trust funds for my niece and nephews; buy a cute little house for my mom and get her better healthcare and a live-in helper. I'd buy my sister anything she wants - she's amazing and she deserves it all. My cousins' children would get trust funds too. I'd buy homes for my in-laws too, in fact I'd buy my husband's mom a house closer to me than the one I'd buy for my mom, LOL.

But if I somehow got the whole big huge pot to myself I'd have to create a foundation to spend it properly and get part of it invested so it could keep helping people indefinitely. I'd have a hard time deciding what to focus on...literacy, homelessness, mental health, shelter and legal help for abused people, helping the disabled, clean water and healthcare to "third-world" communities...there are so many things I'd want to get involved in! If I had that kind of money I'd want to invest some of it into technology, too - particularly medical technology. I think remote-operated surgical robots will someday save many lives in remote places and I'd like to help bring that about.

For myself...I want a big piece of land and some helpers so I can shelter all sorts of stray and neglected animals and have a farm of sorts. And finally have room for that longarm I've been drooling over! I'd retire from my "real" job and spend all my time administering my charitable foundation, making quilts, taking art classes, puttering around in the garden, and feeding strays of all sorts.

OH, and I'd buy a Tesla. Those are NEAT cars and I WANT one!