View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 08:50 AM
Mrs. SewNSew

I'm not worried about the size increase. I'm just considering each difference. The long armer at the fabric store was suggesting s "flange" which I would imagin is what you mean by a "folded border"ManiacQuilter2.

Even though I am a pretty new quilter, I have done a narrow border accent before and didn't have a problem. That one was on the bias too! So I am thinking this shouldn't be too hard. *Time will tell right?

Originally Posted by lfletcher View Post
Since I'm a longarmmer, I do not like flanges. It definitely adds to the quilting time and makes a pantograph (my preferred quilting method) difficult.
lfletcher, that's my thinking too. I am surprised that this other woman was suggesting it, but she long arms professionally so maybe a border design is not such a big deal to her? I have a quilt frame, but have only done one quilt on it so far so edge to edge designs are more attractive to me right now while I am getting more comfortable with the movement of my machine on the frame.

I think - decision made! I will do the narrow border strip. Once I have the rest of the border together, I'll post a photo, but this morning I have to take my grandson for his dentist appointment!