Old 01-13-2016, 09:06 PM
givio

QNS, I like that blue and white you used-- wish I had those prints too and I'd copy what you did. :-) You have lots of cute fabric and choose good combinations. But, I have plenty of fabric to choose from already!

I can cut my blocks this week, but I've worn out the motor on my sewing machine again, and I have to wait for my husband to repair it before I can sew them. He's been working on it. He got the motor fixed and the belt back on, but now there is a problem with the tension, in addition, of all things (!), it's sewing in reverse instead of forward. I have no idea how he did that, and he doesn't either. lol I'm thinking about buying a used machine as a back-up. Actually, I have a back-up machine already-- but my sister has it, because her sewing machine isn't working and she doesn't have a back-up...

Pam, I'd say if you don't like the block do it over again. It's nice to please yourself and be satisfied with what you made. The thing is, what we mean to say is, that sometimes we are too hard on ourselves.... plus, you definitely don't need to be a perfectionist to end up with a great looking quilt. I like your choice of fabrics. Send it my way, I'll use it! :-)))) Or before you decide to ditch it, you could try pressing the seams (especially the horizontal center seam in the picture) one way, or the other way, or open. Sometimes if you iron the seam in a different manner it can make a difference. Also, spray starch and a heavy hand with a hot iron can do wonders.

Once the top is quilted, washed, wrinkled, and puckered, maybe those blocks we thought were sewn so well will look like the blocks we didn't use. :-p

Last edited by givio; 01-13-2016 at 09:14 PM.