View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 08:19 AM
Snooze2978

Years ago I'd sewed my own clothes. Then in 2000 I was going to have foot surgery on both feet, one at a time and would off work for up to 12 weeks. So went to JoAnne's to find me a new hobby. Picked up an embroidery machine to start with, got into a group at the store and met up with some nice ladies who were also in a quilting club. So I joined it with them. One thing led to another and that's how I started combining embroidery with quilts. Then the mother of one of the ladies wanted to check out the Viking MegaQuilter when it 1st came out, I tagged along. I ended up ordering one too. Then came PCQ robotics and so forth. Oh yes, my one and only commission quilt I had embroidery in the blocks. I took it to someone to quilt and asked her not to stitch over my embroideries..............well you know the story..........she did so I figured if that's the kind of service I'd get I'll just quilt myself so reason for getting a quilting machine. Never thought about qujilting on my DSM. So now I'm making quilts as a hobby and as gifts only.....no more commission quilts...........too much stress of goofing up on it.