View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Texas Yankee

You will enjoy the embroidery machine! My machine of over 30 years died on me (a couple of years ago). So, I had to go machine shopping. Well, after a lot of research and questions later. I bought a Singer Futura, it was the best that I could afford at the time.
I wasn't sure that I would like it or not (I've done enbroidery by hand since I was very young). WELL - I just LOVE it!! It took a little while of trial and error to get the hang of it - but, I just love it!!! And, Nancy's book is a great one for reference. Also, if your public TV station has any sewing shows on -- WATCH them and learn. I have learned a lot from them. I have a lot of them on tape to watch frequently when I have the time.
ENJOY your new toy! I use mine a lot for just plain sewing too, but, the bad part is that I can not sew when I am using it for embroidery! So, I just recently bought a Brother to use while I am embroidering with the Singer.
The emblibrary.com is a great site! They have free ones each month too, plus some for 17 cents. Also, embroidery.com is another good one - they will put the designs that you order onto a CD (for a fee of course) But, that is what I did when I first got started.