Old 01-14-2016, 07:15 PM
manicmike

Default Singer 99K

Hi all. I'm just going to quote myself, as I excitedly told the story about this machine on Facebook:
Only a 99K, but given to me by the original owner (who bought it new when she was 15). She had oiled regularly but never had it cleaned, so it was filled up with dust bunnies and solid oil-lint paste. Took quite a while to get rid of it all, but she's now working like it's 1937 again. Does a really nice buttonhole.
It came with the original accessory box, which was missing a few bits and needed a little attention (clips bent slightly so they work again), and the bentwood cover in excellent condition. I'm calling her Dot after her original owner, a tailoress, who sewed uniforms for the army and navy in England during WW2.
She chewed my ear off for an hour, but it was a very pleasant one. Her relatives say she spends too much time talking about the past. She's nearly 94, has gone through WW2, husband has died, still does all her own cooking, cleaning and sewing (just on
a lighter machine now because, well, she's 94!). She's earned the right to spend as long talking about her interesting life as she pleases. Wish she weren't moving interstate, or I'd love to visit her every week.

These are before and after.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]540167[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]540168[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 99k-20160112.jpg   img_20160112_235708.jpg