View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 07:16 PM
weasier22

Woman's Day magazine had an article on making a quilt in one weekend! Ha-Ha! And that was my very first quilt I made, but it took me longer than a weekend. It was a quilt as you go log cabin and I was so excited to make it. That was in the late 70's. I had been sewing clothes for my sister & myself since I was 12 and loved it. I made a bedspread (lined) and matching pinch pleat lined ceiling to floor, full width of the wall drapes for my bedroom at age 16. My Mom was a fabulous sewer, but never did a quilt. By the time I did my first quilt, I had two small children. I did make another quilt out of leftover fabric from dressmaking. I didn't make another quilt until the 90's. Made two queen sized quilts - one for my sister and one for our bed. Also made a twin size quilt for my mother after she went into a nursing home. Didn't make anymore until the early 2000's. Only did a few baby quilts, but the bug bit me really hard in 2010 and now I just can't stop!! I love the creativity of it all. Sewing has always been very relaxing for me, but quilting is even more so. Whether it's a small project or a large one, I'm in love with quilting!