View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 10:06 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by johnm View Post
WOW, now that is using brushes beyond the limit. We should invent a "squeeker" as in disk brakes, to let us know when the brushes are running short, ha, ha. We must not have that much sewing time in Wisconsin, wood to split, lye soap to make, chickens to feed and cows to milk. We might wear out a splitting maul before the motor brushes, ha, ha. I pour melted Vaseline into the disposable vet syringes, and grind the cutting point off of a one inch, #12 hypo needle. I have squeezed the plastic singer tube of lube into grease holes and had the lube puke back out at me from the trapped air in the grease fitting. Plastic syringe works great. Getting cold, gotta put wood in the furnace.
Johnm
Apparently we use em hard and use em up up here in the frozen tundra. I can only imagine the noise the springs were making on the commutator. *shudder* I bought a log splitter last year, totally freed up time to use up a sewing machine.

Yeah the more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm wondering why it didn't occur to me to put that lube in a syringe. Of course, I used up all of my syringes last week - which is probably why I thought of it today. *sigh*