View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 11:20 AM
letawellman

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I guess I dont understand how long a project needs to sit dormant to be considered a UFO. A month? Six months? Six years? The I Spy quilt is fairly recent (not touched for 3 weeks) so I guess just count the other one as a UFO. I've had no finishes at all in months due to working constantly on a wool sweater for my son. Finally got that done and off to him, so I can get back to my UFOs and maybe start some new quilts too.
Sewbizgirl, I don't know about others, but to me, a UFO is something that I stopped working on to start something else. For example, if I'm working on a Log Cabin, and happily sewing away, then a new magazine comes in and I see a pattern I just HAVE TO DO, and run to the LQS, and run back home, and shove the Log Cabin in a plastic grocery sack (which now also makes it a PIGS - Project In Grocery Sack), and start the new project - well, that Log Cabin PIGS has just become a UFO.
Some of mine are only a week or two old, some of them are... well, let me just say "long overdue for finishing".
Attached Thumbnails ufo-pig.png