View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 12:22 PM
letawellman

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
Letawellman, I wish I only had one project going at a time. I always have a least three or more. They usually consist of 1 large quilt, WH, table runner, and usually something small and misc. Now add my UFO's to that list.

As our fearless leader has said there is no UFO police; however, I do not consider a project a UFO unless it has sat untouched for a year or more. What is really sad is that when I look at my UFO's I have so many that just need the binding. What makes it even worse is that I don't mind doing binding, so why I quit at that point I have no idea.
Do you machine stitch one side of the binding, then hand-sew the other? If so, why not pull out a couple, and do the machine-stitching part, then take them to your living area so you can stitch and watch TV? Multi-tasking at it's finest!

Binding is the one thing I dislike about quilting. Which is why, when I made my list, I pulled out three that needed that, and decided "I will get these done before I touch ANYTHING else". And I did.

Next on my list is going to be to re-set the blocks in a top - I set them the wrong way, so now I have to finish disconnecting them, then rejoin them correctly. I think I need to get hubby to help me make a design board so I can lay this one out - with my luck, I'll join them the wrong way again!!

I have three flimsies to be quilted, but I want to stay in the "sewing" mindset for right now.