Old 01-21-2016, 12:27 PM
PatriciaPf

Unhappy Help needed with White treadle cabinet mechanism

This 1909 mission style cabinet has a mechanism that lowers the machine head when the top is folded up. I dropped a bobbin inside and turned the knob on the right front edge of the machine thinking I could then tilt the head back and find the offending bobbin. Right. I can tilt the head back now, but loosening that knob/nut disconnected a spring inside and all five parts are loose. Without these things connected I cannot lower the head in its unsecured state. I can't figure out the best way to reach the area to put them back together, nor am I sure the path the long spring should take from the opposite side. If anyone knows the secret or can point me to an assembly diagram, I will be most grateful. I am guessing the cabinet may have to be turned on its side, but I am not sure, and really don't know the correct way to reassemble those 5 parts, not counting the spring. If I'd thought it through, the bobbin probably would have fallen out when the machine was closed....I just love hindsight.
Pat