View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 04:39 AM
KenmoreGal2

Default Please tell me about your cutting table

I think I need a revamp. Currently I have a 2' x 4' piece of plywood over sawhorses. The size is perfect for my 24" x 36" cutting mat. However the sawhorses make the table too low and if I cut too much, my back hurts. I've read it should really be 36" high, like my kitchen counters.

A couple of caveats. Due to lack of space I have to keep my table in front of a set of drawers which I occasionally need to access. Right now shifting the top off the sawhorses is pretty easy. I don't even have to lift it up, just slide it to one side.

One option I've been looking at is a wheeled cart. Then I can move it easily to access the drawers. But so far the more reasonably priced ones are no where near the size I need on the top.

I found a table that is 2' x 4' (perfect size!) on Amazon. The height is adjustable and can go to 36". It's only $40. However, this table has become less appealing since I thought of using a cart with wheels because it would be harder to move. Plus the carts have bins to store things underneath.

Last, I use this table to pin my borders on and do some prep work. In those instances it's nice that it's low because I just pull up a chair and sit down. Any advice on how to do these tasks with a 36" high table? Bar stool maybe?

Please tell me what you have and how it works for you. Thanks!!

Last edited by KenmoreGal2; 01-22-2016 at 04:42 AM.