Old 01-22-2016, 04:39 PM
Monroe

I have one and like it. There is a sliding speed switch on it for slow to fast sewing- very handy when teaching beginners who need to learn how to use a pedal. I have a young lady with Down syndrome who sews with me and she always sets the switch to between slow and medium before she starts. The CS6000i comes with several feet, the even feed foot, and the table attachment that usually all cost extra with other machines. Keep an eye out and you can sometimes find the Brother for less than $130. Check Overstock.com, Amazon, etc. I've heard that it may be difficult to get many brands of machines serviced under warranty unless purchased at a sewing machine store, but I bought my used machine off Craigslist several years ago and aside from replacing the bobbin holder (myself) it hasn't needed any repairs. I find mine prefers the plastic flat Brother bobbins, not the slightly domed Singer bobbins. I mostly do straight 1/4" seam sewing, the zig zag, and the serpentine stitch for quilting. I love that it is very lightweight, but don't like the machine case cover which just slides over the top with an open slot to reach into the back of the machine itself for carrying. The only other negative is thick seams are better sewn on my vintage or antique machines rather than risking stress on the plastic gears.