Thread: My turn!
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 09:00 AM
Snooze2978

I just ordered a Brother XR3140 from Costco as I also needed a lightweight machine I could put on my cutting table when working on the large borders and bindings. Wanted to be able to take it off if I needed the full cutting table so lightweight as I have arthritis in my hands. I wanted one with the needle up/dn, auto threading, a number of stitches and easy to get to those stitches when changing from one to another. I found I like this machine very much and it gives a perfect stitch for me no matter how thick of fabrics I put thru it. I liked it so much I bought another one for a gent I'm teaching how to make a quilt. Got his for $40 less one week after I ordered mine due to a special discount. I also find my Babylock feet work on the Brother machine which I have a walking foot I've never used so another plus for me. I still love my Viking D1 but having 2 for my use I can set one up for my piecing and the other for my apparel sewing.

Spent less that $200 with free shipping from Costco. Never thought I'd order a machine online like this but I'm happy with my purchase.