View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 08:04 AM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Never even considered washing my design "wall". I do go after it with a clothes brush now and again because of the little threads and fabric detritus that ends up sticking on the board. Works wonderfully and leaves my wall just like new! I would go for the best deal felt or flannel and the color you like best, white or cream.
i found the clothes brush also lifts the nap again on my felt design wall. i use a self cleaning velcro type brush that i got at hancocks a few years ago. i've tried gray, dark brown and now i'm using black. i like black best. it doesn't seem to lose lighter colored fabrics the way gray or white does. i also have used flannel as small portable way of working w my very smallest miniature quilts in progress. then i made a portable design board of heavy cardboard covered w piece of old mattress cover and then felt. i can hang it on a wall as i work or lean against something while i build my miniature quilt design before i start sewing. also, using the mattress pad behind the felt on the portable board, i can pin if desired now. as mentioned elsewhere on this thread, blocks with many seams don't cling as well to anything, and as my mini quilts grow, i can pin the body while i work on border designs etc.