View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 08:16 AM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
Those of you who have never needed to wash the fabric on a design wall must not have cats!

When I had Warm n Natural batting on my wall years ago, I did have problems with blocks falling off it. I think it may be because my dh made the design wall flat against the wall. I have since thought that covering styrofoam from the hardware store would work better since I could prop that against the wall and the batting would then not be straight up-and-down; the slant would help keep the blocks in place. Ideally I would "box" the styrofoam with lightweight wooden strips which would extend beyond the styrofoam to create legs. This would lift the styrofoam off the floor so I wouldn't have to bend down as much (and also so the cats would not be brushing against it all the time!). I like the idea of having a moveable wall too.
my friend did her new wall (flood ruined old one) the way you describe. also extended "legs. to floor to deter her her little furry helpers. her framed design wall is beautiful even when not in use!