View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 08:37 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by roguequilter View Post
hmmmmm ...no furry helpers? small ones that like to reach up and help move the blocks around, no bigger fuzzy luvs that like sweep blocks to floor with that big wagging brush on their butt?
Yes, sadly I have to admit I have not furry friends with me ... only vicariously!
I truly do miss having them around, but not in the cards for now!

Another simple design wall idea ..... when my big wall was not big enough, and I wanted a wall for my Dear Jane blocks, I made another.

Covered corrugated plastic with white fleece (my DJs are all white background with blues). I filled a wall space between a window and the sliding doors in my sewing room, so have a spot 5-1/2 'x8'. Careful if you have a plug ... I cut that section out, so I still have access. With the corrugated behind, you can still stab in pins, if/when needed.

For those who do not want it permanently mounted, the 4'x8' hangs easily with two picture hangers. You can then take it down and slide it behind a piece of furniture, under a bed, etc. when you want it out of site. Mine is now permanently mounted, but I tried it this way first, until I knew it was going to work.