Old 01-24-2016, 04:53 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

JeanieG, I sewed Kwik Sew patterns and put cuffs on T-shirts and neck facings for the kids. I had a friend get me the knit cuffs at JoAnns and she measured right for me to have two sets of each for four pair of sweat pants. You measure the ankle and subtract one inch to sew the cuff ends together, then measure and pin the cuff to the pants, stretching the cuff to fit the on the bottom of the pants.Stretch as you sew in a stretch stitch, and then I sewed the cuff down to the hem it makes, so its smooth and non catching on 'toes' as the foot goes into the pants. Hope that makes sense to you' all.

JanRN, I have no idea why one worked and one did not. Even a new needle can have a 'rough' eye that cuts the thread, so I'd change needles again. There are special needles for each task you do; I ordered metallic needles yesterday.

Stay safe, Honchey and Mr. H. In an emergency, you can call your county shed to clear the driveway, so just take care and wait. Either snow plow will come by or snow will melt. Then get a snow blower and you will never have the problem again or have to use it....