Old 01-25-2016, 09:23 AM
Snooze2978

Don't know if this is the correct way but its the way I found to work for me with little to no puckering. I also use robotics in my quilting and mostly custom so stitch intensive which means draw-in will occur. For my top and bottom borders and sashings I split them in half stitching from the center outward, helps with the draw-in. If I'm using E2E patterns I'll stitch left to right and the next row right to left. If doing blocks I work from the center outward again. For the side bordes/sashing I've got those chunked or split into manageable sizes and will stitch those out as I advance the quilt. Also have been told not to attach your side clamps till after you've basted the sides or pinned them down, then add the clamps. Heard that on one of Linda Taylor's videos recently. Since do it that way I seem to have better results. I also have a tape measure that goes from the center outward both directions with little markers to mark my sides, borders, rows, etc. This helps me keep my width of the quilt pretty even.