Old 01-25-2016, 10:11 AM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Oh rogue...this is a great idea..its would be easy to sew the table cloth squares into a book version and make a hybrid version of our ideas....

BTW, are your mom's friends still saving you scraps?.....
the book out of table cloth would work great! vinyl can be tedious to sew on, but i've made several block holders, little bags etc so i'm used to it. i liked the idea of seeing what my layout is when i turn page to start next block(s) and when i have the book hanging on the wall with a block in it, it's like an instant wall hanging.

....and

yes!! mil friends and churchfriends are still sending me scraps. last fall when i needed to be putting yard & water lines to bed for winter, she sent me three huge black garbage bags of fabric from a friend deceased sisters estate ...took me a long time to sort thru all the "yardage" ...no scraps! i don't do novelty prints but have a friend that does quilts for Caring Hands and i pass all of that to her. christmas before last one of the quilts i made for grand treasures was fill d with the flannel scraps fr mommyinlaw friends! littlest grand came running from vedroom later that evening grabved her new quilt, wrapped it around herself, turned to me and said "i need this to sleep! forever!" <3<3