Thread: Hello from Pa
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 10:09 PM
mom2three

I have been looking around your site for a month or more and finally decided to join. I am in awe of everyones talent.

I made several quilts about 15 years. My grandparents had me helping them quilt when I was young, but I never pursued it until I had my own children. After I made my children and my parents a quilt, I quit once again.

I have a renewed interest in it. My mother inlaw was a quilter and also a quilting instructor. After she passed away I ended up with a good portion of her fabric. The only thing I could think of was make quilts for everyone in the family with all this wonderful fabric. So far I have made 5. One for my DH and the other for my youngest son. The other 3 are waiting to be quilted. But the list of people getting quilts is long. My mom will be 70 next month and I am planning out her quilt. My sister has put in her order for one. My brother has 5 children so I am planning quilts for each of them, plus my other nephews and inlaws. Whew, it makes me tired just thinking about it.

I am so glad you are here. I have forgotten a lot of what I was taught about quilting. I will probably have many many questions.

Tracy