View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 12:38 PM
soman2

It's strange that a friend called the other day and said he had something for me. I met with him and he gave me his grandmothers sewing machine. His mom is in her 80's and has not sewn in the past 40 or so years and knowing that I had a few machines thought I would be interested in putting it in my collection. Weather was nasty and cold so we hurriedly loaded it into my Santa Fe and headed for home. Well what I now have is a singer 201-2 in an original model 65 cabinet. I am in the process of cleaning up the old girl since she has not seen any oil/grease in years. The cabinet is in good shape and according to the brochure it also serves as a desk. When the weather improves, I will refinish the cabinet and replace the head. After a cursory cleaning and oiling, the old girl sprang to life, a little sluggish then kicking into high gear after the lube/oil kicked in. I don't have a 201 and am glad to add it to my collection. This machine kicks butt in speed, quietness and vibration. I am delighted to add it to the stable.

Soman2
TOR