View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 02:41 PM
Cari-in-Oly
Banned

Originally Posted by Sammie1 View Post
I'm capable of building my own cabinet. First choice would be to find the Singer art deco cabinet.

I did some thrift store shopping, learned that the thrift stores around here rarely get any sewing cabinets. But one had a kenmore cabinet/desk that's probably from the '70's. I had forgotten a tape measure so I didn't buy it. It wasn't one I fell in love with either so I'm probably going to pass on it. I'd like drawers but this one had a door made to look like drawers which opens revealing a big gaping hole to store stuff in. It didn't tickle my fancy so I passed. I hope that doesn't nip me in the butt later.
Sammie your 201 most likely won't fit in a Kenmore cabinet. It would have to to be one of the rare Kenmores that have the same bed size as Singer machines. Most Kenmore machines have squared off corners(not the rounded corners of Singers) and different hinge spacing so you would have to make some significant modifications to make your 201 fit. I bought a Brother machine a while back that someone had monkeyed up a real pretty Kenmore cabinet to put it in and it was a sad sight to see.

Cari