Old 01-27-2016, 03:37 PM
dhanke

Default non tradtional use for home depot paint app

I have the home depot "project color" app on my phone, when we painted our house it was a great tool. You take a picture of your room and then choose a paint color, the app puts the color on the walls of your photo, it's pretty slick.
Here's the non traditional part. A week ago I was trying to decide on a sashing color for some blocks I made a while back. I had a couple of colors in mind but couldn't decide.
Then the light bulb went on. I put the blocks up on my design wall with space in between where the sashing would go. (pic 1) I took a pic and used it in the Project Color app to audition teal and grey. (pic 2 and 3) I decided on the teal, pic 4 is the partially finished top, I still need to add borders. It was a super easy way to audition color, I tried several odd ball color combos too, just for fun!
If you want to get the app just search for Home Depot, Project Color, and it's free!
Attached Thumbnails squares-no-sashing.jpg   squares-grey.png   squares-teal.png   squares-top-sashing.jpg