View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 06:38 PM
Margie07

Originally Posted by minibarn View Post
After I thought more about what you said and looked at the book it could be she was just putting the needle down and then started sewing all in one quick motion that to a youngster looked like a spinning start. Either way, it is a memory I have of her that makes me smile. And, you should try a treadle, they are fun to use and I miss mine even though I am enjoying my 15-91. I still have a treadle, and for about 4 yrs I used it exclusively just don't have the room right now to have both of the open for use. One day...

I have wanted to learn to tat but I really don't need to add another hobby to the long list. Besides I am not sure my wrist could take it...I had to give up knitting and crocheting because of carpal tunnel.

Thanks again!
Minibarn,
Thank you for you lovely message. I'm glad you have that memory. When I was a kid I immensely enjoyed watching my mother sew. I was so little. I thought I'd never be able to operate a sewing machine, lol. I would love to try a treadle one day. But, I don't have room for one. I am sorry about your carpal tunnel. I have had many aches and pains, even though I'm just a young woman, but I don't think as bad as Carpal Tunnel, so I keep crocheting and tatting.

Margie