Old 01-22-2010, 08:19 AM
Favorite Fabrics

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Ok. So the sales rep came around, and showed me a delightful 36-piece collection of lovely prints that all mix and match and each one was more appealing than the next. And I couldn't choose from among them. They seemed to be best when together. You know, like a group of friends or a box of assorted chocolates.

So... rather than buy a bolt of just some of them and leave the others behind (sob) I decided to buy four boxes of FQs. Which ain't cheap, even at wholesale. Each box has 3 each of the 36 different prints.

And they're here. Now what do I do? I've spent four hours thinking (plus last night's dreaming) and still am undecided. (I'm sure there has to be somebody else out there who's as indecisive as me!)

Obviously I can sell 'em in a group, one FQ each of all 36. But that's expensive, and won't fit everyone's budget.

Or, I can break them into four groups, each with nine fabrics, so that makes a more approachable price tag. And I'm still confused. The colors, overall, include five groups: blue, green, pink, yellow, and neutrals. There are lights and mediums (no real darks). So... does this make sense, to do a group of lights, a group of pink & green, a group of blue & yellow, and then one of a little bit of everything? With no duplications from one group to the next.

Have any of you ever bought a BIG collection of FQs - major splurge? Or wished you had? Joy or regrets, either way?