Old 01-28-2016, 08:36 AM
Snooze2978

Maureen, went back to the label on the Quilter's Dream Cotton and yes, it was request. I ordered it just to try it out and since it was the correct size I needed decided to use it on this one since I was using a white backing. Bad move on my part but its a lesson learned.

And for anyone interested, I used all scraps from other quilts to make this quilt, reason for the scrappiness. I had just finished making a blue/brown/neutral Smith Mtn (Quiltville) quilt top and had lots of extra strips cut so decided to use them in this quilt. Had no leftovers and even had to search thru my other scrap bins for extras. Its fun to look at our tops after we've made them from scraps and say to ourselves..............yes, that piece is from such and such quilt I made for whomever, this piece was part of the quilt I made for...................... I noticed pieces from at least 5 other quilts I've made for others in this quilt alone.

Thank you all for your kinds words on my accomplishments. I'm basically a self taught sewer/quilter and I keep trying to outdo myself on each and every quilt. I'm quilting the Smith Mtn now and I'm very pleased with how its coming out. Can't wait to show you. Another gift to a very nice couple I know.