View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 08:44 AM
P-BurgKay

Default I too have a keeper.

Long story short, I went to Ricky Timms & Alex Andersons seminar a year ago, and decided that if Ricky Timms could free motion with a narrow throat machine, I could too. I had never free motioned at all before. Well, last February, my hand me down Bernina 930, died. Really died, it locked up and could not be fixed. Repair man said that it looked as if it had been dropped at sometime. Wouldn't surprise me, knowing my mother. Any how, dear hubby, said you need a new machine, well, yes I did, (din't I) didn't want anything fancy. We were at the Bernina shop, and he got me a new Bernina 1008, same fuctions as the old 930. It only has a 6 inch throat. Very difficult to free motion on. However, I did just finish a near queen size on it, not the best job, but I am proud of it. Told him I was going to look for a used machine. Well I went to look, and no used machines with a deep throat. Long story, I came home with a new Janome Horizon 8200, with a 12 inch throat. You know what I am going to do this weekend. Play with my new toy. I am so happy. I know I will get better with free motion.